About a month ago in the most recent Nintendo Direct, the highly anticipated Sonic Forces was teased as having a 3rd playable character.
This set off many theories as to who else you’d be able to play as. Guesses ranged everywhere from Fang the Sniper to Bubsy the Bobcat (yes, really, people guessed that.) Today, Sega has finally peeled back the curtain to reveal this character, and it couldn’t be more amazing if they tried.The third playable character joining the roster for the game is YOUR original character! That’s right! I hope you kept that picture of your Sonic OC from when you were in the 3rd grade because it’s now going to come in handy.
As of right now, there are 7 different animals to choose from, each having their own ability. Here’s how they’re broken down:
- Hedgehog — Collects rings when getting damaged
- Wolf — Automatically draws in rings when near them
- Rabbit — Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
- Bird — Flies high with double jump abilities
- Bear — Blows away enemies with a homing attack
- Cat — Keeps one ring after being hit
- Dog — Restarts with five rings after the player dies
Aside from a custom ability for each type of animal, there’ll also be custom items that only the created character can use. One example used in the trailer is some sort of grappling hook and a flamethrower (hey, it’s still pretty cool. Check out the trailer below and get excited!