Every week there’s plenty of titles that hit your local comic shop. Maybe you’re having a hard time deciding which issues to pick up this week? Or maybe you just want to check out something that you’re not reading yet? Well, have no fears long box junkies…I am here to help you out with The Weekly Pull List. Every week I will give you a heads up on what will be the six issues that should be on the top of your stacks and pull lists this coming Wednesday. So, let’s get into The Weekly Pull List for the week of September 5th, 2012!
ANIMAL MAN #0
• What is the secret history of Animal Man?
• Learn how Buddy got his powers!
• Plus: A terrible secret is revealed as “Rotworld” draws closer!
Cigars, cigarettes and…St. George? Beauty and Beast star in their own mid-century modern detective story set in the smoky clubs and dive bars of 1940s Los Angeles. This stand-alone issue from the guest team of writer Matthew Sturges and Shawn McManus is set in the heyday of Hollywood, where ancient Greek evil shows us that “Everything beautiful leads to ruin in the end.”
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #524
• THE FUTURE is upon us!
• How will Tony Stark escape the Mandarin’s ultimate death-trap?
• What has Zeke Stane been hiding? What insane invention is he willing to unleash?
• The first of five issues that will CHANGE THE FACE OF X-FACTOR FOREVER.
• PART III: Discovering a long-buried secret from the past, one member of X-Factor will be driven insane.
• What you need to know: Fraction. Aja. Hawkeye. Kate Bishop. Cars. Guns.
• Stealing from the rich never looked so good.
• Get. Now.
Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning finish the first arc of their cosmic superhero masterpiece in the making and will have you begging for more! It’s the return of Prismatica as she rejoins the Hypernaturals and faces her greatest fear: the man who killed her husband and the most diabolical supervillain the Quantinuum has ever known…Sublime.